In the 1960s, the automotive industry approached Robinson Industries and asked for a lighter, more durable and more efficient way to ship components between manufacturing facilities.
Since then, Robinson Industries has made pallets, crates, bins and other containers for every US-based automobile manufacturer — and many others around the world.
Plastic pallets work better for automotive manufacturers because they:
- Are impervious to oils, greases and most solvents
- Are easy to clean
- Are lighter in weight than wood, making them more fuel-efficient to ship
- Don’t harbor pests or bacteria, making them safer for global shipping
- Can be custom designed to offer support for delicate or heavy parts or assemblies
- Can be developed with integral dividers, lids or restraining straps
Robinson Industries can provide the plastic packaging that’s perfect for your automotive component. Contact us so we can get started.